We are looking for a new School Administrator who is friendly, hard-working and conscientious. This role includes working in a busy school office, managing visitors and providing various forms of administrative support across the school.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who:
- Has excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Has the ability to work effectively and with initiative, build relationships with a wide range of people and work under pressure
- Shows professionalism, respect and discretion at all times
- Works flexibly, with excellent attention to detail
We can offer:
- An inclusive, happy school with a clear commitment to meeting the needs of our whole school community
- Talented and supportive staff who are committed to working collaboratively
- An environment where staff are encouraged and supported to reach their professional aspirations
- Friendly and enthusiastic children and supportive families
Salary details – Grade 6 £20,493 – £22,627 (£9,287.99 – £10,255.06 pro-rata). Closing date – Tuesday 20th April 2021
Visits to the school or informal discussion about the post would be very welcome. Please contact Mrs. Rachael Stewart using the school contact details.
Safeguarding at Northbourne
Northbourne CE (A) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We undertake rigorous checks on all staff and volunteers who work in our school and maintain a central record documenting these. Staff involved in recruitment and selection of employees are trained in safer recruitment, and all of our staff and volunteers undertake in-house Child Protection training.
Our School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies includes the following:
Please read through these to find out more about our school procedures around safeguarding.
Why teach in Didcot?
Didcot is a thriving, rapidly expanding town and a great place to work as a teacher. As well as having access to professional development opportunities co-ordinated through the unique county-wide teaching school alliance (OTSA), staff at Northbourne are able to take advantage of training, mentoring and peer support within the growing Didcot partnership of schools. This school year, these have included an NQT group, a network for Early Career teachers, and a tailored programme to support subject leaders. Links between our schools are strong and well-embedded, enabling staff to grow professional networks beyond their individual schools.
Didcot has excellent transport links to Oxford and Reading (14 minutes by train) and London (45 minutes), and a newly expanded shopping centre of shops, cafes and restaurants. Cornerstone Arts Centre hosts a range of arts, culture and entertainment events, and the Ridgeway and Wittenham Clumps are easily accessible.
There are a range of housing options available to staff working in Oxfordshire. Examples include:
As an ODST school, teachers in the first five years of their career also have access to six high quality, furnished apartments in St. Marys Lodge, Wantage, with rents set at reduced levels.