At Northbourne, our mission of nurturing excellence is underpinned by our aim of providing an inspiring curriculum and environment that ignites a love of learning and educates all children to excel as individuals. We strive to plan and deliver:
- An active, hands-on curriculum which provides a range of motivating and exciting opportunities across all subject areas
- A thematic curriculum that draws creative and meaningful links between a range of curriculum subjects
- A curriculum that is up-to-date, relevant and prepares children for life in a rapidly changing world
- A curriculum which provides stretch and challenge for all pupils, and which constantly stimulates and broadens their interests.
Our curriculum meets all statutory National Curriculum 2014 and Early Years Foundation Stage 2021 requirements . Long-term curriculum plans are reviewed by teaching staff and subject leaders on an annual basis, who ensure that the planned curriculum has been taught and is helping children building knowledge and skills in all curriculum areas.
As teachers plan in phases (Key Stage One, Lower Key Stage Two and Upper Key Stage Two), pupils are taught on a two-rolling cycle – so, a child in Y1 will learn one set of topics and then a different set in Y2. Our most recent two-year cycles are shown below.
- Long-term Curriculum Overview 20 – 21
- Long-term Curriculum Overview 20 – 21 YR Y1
- Long-term Curriculum Overview 20 – 21 Year 2
- Long-term Curriculum Overview 20 – 21 Lower Key Stage Two
- Long-term Curriculum Overview 20 – 21 Upper Key Stage Two